Mayer Brown is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With approximately 200 lawyers in each of the world’s three largest financial centres — New York, London and Hong Kong — we are uniquely positioned to advise leading companies and financial institutions on their most complex legal needs. We have deep experience in high-stakes litigation and complex transactions across industry sectors, including our signature strength, the global financial services industry.
We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realise their greatest potential. We also encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.
• Solid experience in advising clients on banking, securities and insurance regulations.
• Experience or assist in helping clients structure and set up regulated businesses.
• Experience in providing strategic advice and assistance to clients in connection with enquiries, inspections or investigations by regulators.
• Experience in providing commercial and regulatory advice to banks, insurance companies and financial intermediaries.
• Experience in preparing and reviewing standard client documentation and provides related advice.
• Qualified in Hong Kong
• 2+ years' post qualification experience with relevant experience gained in well-regarded law firms
• Excellent command of English and Chinese (written and spoken)
• Fluent Mandarin language skills is advantageous, but not essential
• Strong interpersonal skills, commercial acumen and client management skills
• Dynamic, self-motivated and able to work under pressure, and a good team player.