Mayer Brown is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With approximately 200 lawyers in each of the world’s three largest financial centres — New York, London and Hong Kong — we are uniquely positioned to advise leading companies and financial institutions on their most complex legal needs. We have deep experience in high-stakes litigation and complex transactions across industry sectors, including our signature strength, the global financial services industry.
We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realise their greatest potential. We also encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.
The role will involve:
· the formation and ongoing operations of private investment funds and the entities organized to sponsor and manage them in the Asia-Pacific region;
· acting for the sponsors/general partners of these private investment funds and institutional investors in these funds;
· working on a wide range of private investment funds (including private equity, buyout funds, growth and venture capital funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, and funds of funds) involving a variety of structures and jurisdictions;
· working on hedge funds and “hybrid” funds combining hedge and private equity elements;
· advising on regulatory matters relevant to sponsors, asset managers and investment funds including under the HK Securities and Futures Ordinance and US federal securities law.
We are seeking to make a mid-level associate appointment in our Hong Kong office to support the ongoing development of our Fund Formation & Investment Management practice in Asia. Candidates should have strong technical skills and be well-versed in the legal and regulatory environment relevant to the formation and operation of private investment funds. Familiarity with the regulatory environment impacting investment fund sponsors and managers is desired. While not mandatory for this position, Mandarin speaking and writing capabilities will be preferred.