Mayer Brown is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With approximately 200 lawyers in each of the world’s three largest financial centres — New York, London and Hong Kong — we are uniquely positioned to advise leading companies and financial institutions on their most complex legal needs. We have deep experience in high-stakes litigation and complex transactions across industry sectors, including our signature strength, the global financial services industry.
We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realise their greatest potential. We also encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.
An exciting opportunity to become the lead associate working with Doos Choi and other partners in the banking & finance team based in Hong Kong.
· Advise on a wide range of products with a focus on:
§ leveraged & acquisition finance and other event driven financings
§ limited recourse real estate finance, including onshore/offshore structures in China and other regions
§ capital call facilities and other fund level financings
§ cross border structured loans, including loan-on-loans and NPL acquisition financings
· Lead drafting and negotiation of facility agreements, intercreditor agreements and other principal finance documents under supervision of partner
· Supervise junior associates and trainees
· Assist with preparation and delivery of client and internal training and other business development activities.
· Candidate should be comfortable in leading all parties negotiations in English and Mandarin.
· Qualified in Hong Kong, England and Wales, Singapore or Australia
· At least 5 years’ PQE
· Fluent English and Mandarin required. Cantonese (or another Asian language) would be helpful
· Strong client facing skills
· Team player
· Takes ownership and responsibility of matters
· Attention to detail, organised, efficient and able to work under pressure